Monedero Ledger is a series of multicurrency wallet, used to store the private keys for offline cryptocurrencies. Two wallets are in operation, Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue. They both support 25 cryptocurrency blockchains. And this list inculcates all the prominent cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and bitcoin, and the lesser-known ones too.
To conduct the transactions using cryptocurrencies will require the use of cryptographic private keys. Although the keys are susceptible to thefts and even hacks if stored generally online. The cryptocurrency users found an alternative system for the storage purpose, including
- Hot wallet ( the one online)
- Mobile wallets ( wallets in the mobile device)
- Paper wallets(wallets stored in the paper)
Monedero Ledger is offline storage. These are device-based and need storage mechanisms like USB for storing the private keys in order to make it difficult for the hacker to access the key online. The Ledger Nano S wallet is the one with USB storage whereas the Ledger Blue is handheld with a touchscreen, Bluetooth connectivity, and USB device.
Monedero Ledger enables the users to conduct various functions like receiving and sending bitcoin or even running a third-party app on a device. For example, the users are able to run the universal two-factor authentication on popular sites like dropbox and google using Monedero Ledger.
Safety principle for Monedero Ledger
- Do not disclose to anyone that you own cryptocurrencies and if you do the make sure that only you are aware of the value of your assets.
- If you are someone who is active in the community of online cryptocurrency then do protect your real identity and always be mindful before sharing any information.
- Do not store your recovery sheet at home. Using the bank vault is much safe. Not having immediate access to your backup might increase the resilience to physical threats.
- If you own cryptocurrencies of a large amount that is not of frequent use then it is recommended to store the same in the bank safe and use the other Monedero Ledger for frequent use with lower amounts in it.
As the availability of the recovery phrase is difficult, you must make verification to check you have written it correctly and that you can read the same without any error.
Other safety steps include
- Do not enter any of your recovery phrase on your laptop or even the smartphone
- Do not share or even show your 24 words recovery phrase to anyone.
- You must store your recovery sheet in a safe place.
You must always be aware and mindful of your crypto assets. Do not leave any loopholes for the hackers to steal your assets. Monedero Ledger can be safeguarded by you, and keeping in mind the value of the assets you must treat them with high security and safety. Following the safety principle will help you to keep the asset safe in your hands. Any discrepancy can lead to huge losses.