Many of us take our plumbing for granted—until something goes wrong, that is. Then, we’re all too familiar with the high cost of repairs and maintenance. If you’re looking for ways to trim your Armitage shanks plumbing expenses, here are five easy tips.
- Get a Water Sense toilet. Toilets account for nearly 30 percent of indoor water use, so it makes sense to invest in a low-flow model. Water Sense toilets use 20 percent less water than standard models, which can save you big bucks on your water bill over time.
- Fix leaks right away. A single leaky faucet can waste up to 3,000 gallons of water per year, so it’s important to nip leaks in the bud. For small leaks, you may be able to fix the problem yourself; for bigger ones, it’s best to call in a professional.
- Insulate your pipes. This is a great way to prevent frozen pipes in the winter (which can lead to expensive repairs). You can find pipe insulation at most hardware stores; it’s relatively inexpensive and easy to install yourself.
- Invest in a water heater blanket. A water heater blanket helps keep heat from escaping, which means your water heater won’t have to work as hard (and use as much energy) to maintain the ideal temperature. They’re not too expensive and can pay for themselves quickly in reduced energy bills.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products. Many conventional cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that can damage your pipes and fixtures over time—not to mention being bad for the environment. Luckily, there are plenty of green cleaners on the market that is just as effective but much kinder to your plumbing system (and the planet).
What do bathroom accessories include?
There are a lot of different things that you can include under the heading of bathroom accessories. Some people might just consider things like toilet brush holders and towel racks as bathroom accessories, while others would also include items such as shower curtains and soap dishes.
In general, anything that you use on a regular basis in your bathroom can be considered a bathroom accessory. This includes both functional items like toilets and sinks, as well as decorative items like paintings and vases.
How do I choose the right bathroom accessories?
When choosing your bathroom accessories, it is important to think about both function and form. You will want to choose items that serve a purpose and help to keep your bathroom organized, but you also want to make sure that the items you select fit in with the overall aesthetic of the space.
In general, it is best to choose accessories that are made from similar materials as your other fixtures and fittings. For example, if you have a chrome-finished faucet, you might want to look for bathroom accessories that are also made from chrome. This will help to create a cohesive look in your bathroom.
By following these five simple tips, you can save money on your plumbing bills without having to make any major changes or Sacrifices for your lIving style! Who knew being thrifty could be so easy?