A private key is a string of numbers and letters that allows you to access your cryptocurrency. mew myetherwallet login(mew myetherwallet ログイン) is a free, open-source platform that allows you to create a wallet for Ethereum and ERC20 tokens. In order to use MEW, you need to generate a private key. In this article, we’ll show you how to do just that.
Once you’re in MEW, click on the “Generate Wallet” button and select one of the three options: Keystore/JSON File, Mnemonic Phrase, or Private Key. We recommend choosing a Keystore/JSON file as it is more secure than a private key or mnemonic phrase. With this option, you’ll have to select a password and download the Keystore/JSON file, which will be encrypted with your password. This is the safest way to generate a private key for MEW.
If you choose the Mnemonic Phrase option, you’ll be presented with 12-24 words that represent your private key. Make sure to store these words in a safe place as you will need them to access your wallet.Finally, if you choose the Private Key option, MEW will generate a string of numbers and letters that represent your private key. This is the least secure option as it is easier for hackers to guess your private key. We don’t recommend choosing this option if you plan to store a large amount of cryptocurrency.
How to Generate a Private Key on MEW
- Go to myetherwallet.com and create a new wallet.
- Enter a strong password and click “Create New Wallet”.
- Download your Keystore File (UTC/JSON) and save it in a safe place. This file contains your private key information and should NEVER be shared with anyone!
- Click “I understand. Continue.”
- Your private key will be displayed on the next screen. Copy it and save it in a safe place. This is the only time you will be able to see your private key so don’t lose it!
- Click “Save Your Address”
- Congrats, you’ve now generated a private key for MEW!
- Now that you have your private key, you can use it to access your wallet on MEW or any other Ethereum compatible wallet. Keep your private keys safe and never share them with anyone!
- If you lose your private keys, you will lose access to your cryptocurrency so be sure to store them in a safe place!
A private key is an important part of owning crypto currency because it allows you to access your coins or tokens. My Ether Wallet (MEW) is a free, open-source platform that allows you to create a wallet for Ethereum and ERC20 tokens. In order to use MEW, you need to generate a private key which we showed you how to do in this article. Be sure to keep your private keys safe as they are the only way to access your crypto currency if something happens to your MEW account! Thanks for reading and happy hodling!