Studies on air duct cleaning are still underway and hence we still do not have concrete recommendations concerning having the air ducts in our homes cleaned. This article, however, provides you with vital information on the matter and we highly recommend reading it to the end.
Cleaning air ducts has not been proved to prevent health complications in the real sense. Studies have also not conclusively established that particle amounts like dust increase due to dirty air ducts. The reason is that most of the dirt in ducts holds to duct surfaces and does not always get into the living space. In essence, unclean air ducts are just some probable sources of dirt in our homes.
Contaminants that get into the home from activities such as smoking, cleaning, cooking, or just normal movements can bring higher exposure to pollutants than unclean ducts. Furthermore, there is no proof that a small amount of dust at home or other debris in air ducts has any dangers to our health. However, you should consider contacting Utah Air Duct cleaning if;
- There is considerable noticeable mold growth in the hard surface such as sheet metal ducts or other parts of the cooling and heating system. You also need to understand some aspects regarding mold presence in cooling and heating systems like;
- Most parts of the said systems might not be easily inspected and it’s advisable to ask Park City Air Duct Cleaning to show you any mold they claim is there.
- Note that even though a substance may appear like mold, it is only an expert who can positively establish if it is mold or not.
- If your air ducts are insulated and the insulation becomes moldy or wet, they need to be replaced with another since they can’t be adequately cleaned.
- If you do not effectively correct the conditions making the mold grow, the problem will recur.
- If the ducts are congested with substantial levels of debris and dust or dirt is getting into your home from the supply chambers.
If you notice any of the above conditions, it normally signifies several other hidden causes. Before retrofitting, cleaning, replacing the air ducts, you must correct the underlying causes or you will encounter the problem again.
Certain studies indicate that cleaning cooling and heating systems parts may enhance the proficiency of your system and consequently have a longer working life as well as saving a lot on energy and repair costs.
You may want to have professional Air Duct Cleaning clean your ducts simply because it appears common that air ducts will become dirty with time and it is only right to clean them. Granted that proper cleaning is done, there is no evidence to prove that such cleaning is destructive. It is however not recommended that you have the ducts regularly cleaned but only do so if need be. It is also highly recommended that you have heating systems inspected and serviced well to prevent poisoning by carbon monoxide.