Even if you don’t have a loft, chances are you know someone who does. Lofts are a popular way to make use of extra space in a home, and they can be utilized for storage, an extra bedroom, or even a home office. If you’re in the market for a new loft ladder, or if you’re looking to upgrade your existing one, there are some must-have accessories that you should consider.
Here are the top loft ladder accessories you didn’t know you needed.
- A Handrail: Most loft ladders come with a handrail, but if yours doesn’t, it’s something you should consider purchasing as an accessory. A handrail will help you keep your balance as you climb up and down the ladder, and it will also give you something to grab onto if you happen to slip.
- A Storage Tray: A storage tray is a great way to keep your tools and other materials organized as you work in your loft. This way, you won’t have to go back and forth to your ground-level workspace whenever you need something.
- A Temporary Staircase: A temporary staircase can be extremely helpful if you have a lot of heavy materials that need to be moved up to your loft. Once everything is in place, you can remove the staircase and store it away until you need it again.
- An Extension Ladder: If your ceilings are exceptionally high, an extension ladder can come in handy. It can also be used for tasks that require going above the ceiling, such as changing a light bulb or cleaning the gutters.
- A Permanent Ladder: If you find yourself using your ladder on a daily basis, a permanent ladder might be worth considering. This way, you won’t have to set up and take down your ladder every time you need to use it.
- A Safety Gate: A safety gate is a must-have if you have young children or pets in your home. It will prevent them from accidentally falling through the opening on the floor, and it will give you peace of mind knowing that they’re safely out of harm’s way.
- A Storage Hook: A storage hook can be used to hang tools, buckets, or other materials from the rungs of your ladder. This way, you’ll have everything you need within reach as you work.
- A Ladder Leveler: A ladder leveler is an excellent accessory if your loft floor isn’t level. This way, you won’t have to worry about the ladder tipping over, and you can use it on uneven surfaces.
- A Fold-Up Ladder: If you need to save space in your loft, a fold-up ladder is a great option. It can be stored away when not in use, and it will be out of the way when you need to move around your loft.
- A Portable Ladder: A portable ladder is a good choice if you need to use your ladder in multiple locations. This way, you won’t have to carry it up and down the stairs whenever you need it.
There are many types of loft ladders on the market, but not all of them have the necessary accessories. Consider these must-have accessories before making your final purchase to get the most out of your new investment!