Newborn babies are only little for a short time. In those first weeks, they grow and change so rapidly! Newborn photography captures all the tiny details you want to remember forever. From wisps of hair to ten perfect toes, to blushed cheeks and rosebud lips – each precious feature is artfully documented in beautiful photographs.
If you’re considering newborn photography, read on to learn more about what makes this special genre of photography so wonderful with Laura Tye Newborn Photography!
Why Newborn Photography?
- First off, why should you even bother with a professional photographer when you can just snap some pictures with your smartphone? After all, doesn’t everyone have a high-quality camera in their pocket these days? While it’s true that smartphones have come a long way in recent years, there are still some things they can’t do as well as a professional camera.
- A newborn photographer has invested time and money into learning how to use their DSLR camera to its fullest potential in order to create beautiful images that capture all the details of your baby. They also have access to props and backdrops that can add an extra bit of pizazz to your photos.
- Not to mention, they know how to pose newborns safely! while getting them into those adorable positions may look easy, it actually takes quite a bit of practice to do it correctly and without disturbing the baby too much.
- Lastly, newborn photographs make wonderful gifts that will be cherished for years to come! You can give them as holiday gifts, or print them out and frame them for the grandparents. Newborn photos make unique gifts for christenings or first birthdays as well! No matter how you choose to use them, these photographs will be treasured memories that you can look back on for years to come.
Types of Newborn Photography Sessions
Now that you know why newborn photography is so amazing, let’s talk about the different types of sessions available. There are two main types of newborn photo shoots studio style and lifestyle.
- Studio-style photo shoots take place in… you guessed it… a studio! This type of shoot allows the photographer more control over the lighting and environment. These shoots are typically done when the baby is around 2 weeks old so that they can be easily posed into those precious sleepy positions we all love so much.
- Don’t worry if your baby is older than 2 weeks though! Many photographers are able to pose older babies as well.) Studio-style photo shoots usually result in more traditional-looking portraits.
- Lifestyle photo shoots take place in your home and capture everyday moments such as nursing, cuddling, or bath time. These shoots are typically done when the baby is around 4-10 days old so that they are still sleepy enough to be settled into position but not so new that they need to eat every hour on the hour!
These photo sessions tend to be more relaxed with less of a focus on poses and more on capturing connection and emotion. So, you can explore the most out of it with your newborn.